This week our Governor called for us to “shelter in place.” Before this week, I didn’t even know there was such a thing. As the Coronavirus pandemic continues, we are truly experiencing new things almost daily. For your Riverstone staff things have been very busy. God continues to open doors for us to reach out to the community. This week we have had several opportunities to minister to the medical community: Brooke delivered care packages to the Kennestone nursing staff, several of our Riverstone intercessors group volunteered to sew surgical caps, and Austin and I met with 15-20 nurses in the Kennestone employee parking lot for worship and prayer both before and after their shifts. One ER nurse told me she has seen Jesus more in the last two weeks than ever in her life. Meanwhile, Brad, Alissa, and Veda have worked all week making sure that Riverstone’s finances are where they need to be as we move deeper into these uncharted waters. Many churches have experienced a 50% drop in giving in the last month. We have not. As always, the people of Riverstone have stepped up during this difficult time. Ashley is busy sending out email blasts, setting up Zoom conferences, and making sure the staff stays connected. Matt and Becky are doing a fantastic job leading the youth and children’s ministries while Mike and Kim field prayer requests through our Riverstone “burner phone.” I can promise you I never thought there would be a legitimate reason for us to have one of those! That is just a small portion of what we have been involved in this week.
Please continue to pray for us! We really miss being together and being with you! Hopefully, that will happen soon.
Here are some things you may want to know:
- This Sunday is palm Sunday. We will take communion to close our service. Make sure you have bread and “juice.”
- We found out this week that schools are closed for the year. More than likely, that will also mean that Riverstone services will continue to be online only through April and perhaps May.
- You can text prayer requests to us at 470-456-1749.
- Here is a Spotify playlist that Austin put together that contains many songs we play on Sunday mornings: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ypP0xQ2q4GsM8J6d5iXye?si=e4UlChIATw-GwhP5sfCIDg Additionally, here are some YouTube resources for live worship:
Bethel – https://www.youtube.com/user/ibethelmusic
United Pursuit – https://www.youtube.com/user/unitedpursuitband
Upperroom – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCrxpO3RnaL-RbPbmB3TQCw
Maverick City Music – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ4trZcPxr3DwcMbFb54rDQ
Housefires – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF80293azxnDAdbOa7fFKfw
- Call to pray will be on Facebook live every Tuesday from 12:00-12:45.
- We will have a time of Bible study and prayer every Wednesday at 7:00pm. Also on FB live.
- Good Friday service will be this Friday at 7:00 on FB live. (Also a communion service – stock up on bread and juice, but don’t hoard).
- We have changed our drop-off schedule for KMHS food pantry. Drop off hours will be Wednesdays from 10am – 1pm. We will also collect any book donations you may still have to donate to Love Packages. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
- If you want to help sew surgical masks or caps, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The best way to reach us for the next few weeks is email. My email is email@example.com. If you can’t email, call the church office at 678-384-5200 and leave a message.
- RSYouth will use social media to communicate with our youth during this time. They will have a weekly message at 7pm on Sunday nights on Instagram. Their page is https://www.instagram.com/riverstoneyouth/. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RSKids will share content on social media, including resources for parents, Bible stories for the littlest ones and preschoolers, and lessons for the elementary aged kiddos. It will be a mix of personal messages and digital content. They will also share blogs and strategies for how to spend this time with your kids at home. Follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RiverStoneKids/ and on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/riverstonekids/. For questions, email email@example.com.
- WE NEED YOU TO GIVE. Many are predicting that this situation will crush many churches financially. I BELIEVE THE OPPOSITE will be true for Riverstone. Throughout our history YOU have always stepped up in times of great need. There will be some in our community who will be adversely affected by this economically. We want to be in a position to help those who need help. IF RIVERSTONE is your church, I am asking that you pray about GIVING MORE THAN YOU EVER HAVE. You can download the RS app. It’s easy. You can also click this link to give online: http://riverstoneonline.org/giving/ Or mail contributions to:
1635 Old 41 Hwy NW
Kennesaw, GA 30152
Our list seems to grow each week! God is moving! He is opening doors for us and people are coming to know Him! Thank you for being Riverstone!
We love y’all!