Stone Summary: Spreading the gospel to and through the “marketplace”.
Group Leaders: David & Connie Fortney grew up in Marietta and have been married 27 years. They have been blessed with three children and are excited to be a part of the business stone because it is different than the standard ministries of the church. So many of our members are involved in business on a daily basis, and synergizing around the strengths that God has given them in this arena will be amazing.
The Dream We Are Pursuing:
Summary of Dreams:
- Start my own home improvement business
- Help women and older people with their vehicles – going to them to fix.
- For business owners/workers to view their mission field as the business world. A weekly or twice a month meeting to pray & plan how to reach our world and to create a mentoring program/ministry to help people find jobs or their calling.
- To one day own my own business with animals and t learn as much as I can in the meantime. Start business school fall 2017. Change the environment at my current workplace somehow for the better.
- My dream is to continue my shop and bless the people I meet and share the Lord in my work in my best ability.
- Come alongside David Griffith. A co-working space he is building. Help create a place for Christian business leaders to minister to & bless the Cobb small biz community.
- To bridge together Christ-following businesses to support the community in many ways. To unify as Christians giving back to our community. To build wealth in the body.
- To minister to those in the business world who don’t know Jesus. To use what I learn in the business world to give advice to others who want to start a business.
- Prayers for the business and the people associated with the business.
- To start an on-line retail business which clearly communicates our purpose and direction from God. This will also leverage social media and generational investment.
- To influence business by using our existing learning management system to grow a love for the principles of God, by influencing their employees in communication & leadership, thereby changing culture and community.
- Real estate rehabilitation.
- Financial security for our church and for our congregation.
- I am building a business part-time to be able to take care of my wife as we head towards retirement years. My dream has been to meet with other independent business owners in a small group setting to pray, encourage, and support each other. Longer term goals from this would be to be able to bless others financially & to be a Christian witness with our business.
- Bringing business owners or others who want to start their own business together to learn how to operate by God’s principles, encouraging, lift each other up. Give each other what worked for each of us in business. Learn God’s direction for each of us in business workplace.
- Using business to serve community (Chinese food). Connect Chinese church brothers and sisters with Americans. International ministry.
- To see big business to be infiltrated by & inundated by the Gospel.
- A business equipping center and market where (M-Sat) people can gather eat and shop. Where Christian business men & women can walk in the fullness of their dreams. Coffee, offices, an event hall, culinary center, farmers market, consignment shops – be the church. We know it is BIG – we are happy to start small. We envision partnering with other churches in the network. Call it The Center @ RiverStone.
- To grow my business, be financial & timewise independent, flexible & free. Freedom to support my family & to support he kingdom ministries. Help people to grow.
- To be a light for Christ wherever we are especially to those who don’t know Christ and to people who think they don’t need God because they think they can do it on their own. The love of money and power controls so many people and I want to show them there is another way.
- Financial freedom and freedom from limiting thoughts/strongholds. Growing businesses to be a blessing financially.
- That RiverStone would have a business making money to fund ministries.
- Building businesses to use as a platform to build people. I want to coordinate a weekend seminar having successful business people to exhort/sharpen/inspire business owners. Proceeds to go toward paying off building debt.
- To have a successful business that can help fund the gospel.
- I would love to use photography as a way to bring people to Christ.
- To utilize my talent of building and growing businesses to help others who may have ideas but are lacking the execution experience. Mentoring / guiding / advising.
- My dream is to really become who God intended me to be. To live out my purpose. To serve God through my business and to serve others with it. To have the freedom and the time to really help and be involved and to help others do the same.
- To grow closer to God and serve.