Stone Summary: One generation investing in or serving another.
Group Leaders: Ron & Barb Thomas have four grown children and four grandchildren. Their joy is to share Christ with their family and those they meet. Living in a small community in South East Cobb, affords them opportunity to minister to neighbors, and spend much time with their children and grandchildren. They are excited to share their dreams as generation to generation investments have always been a heart throb for them both.
The Dream We Are Pursuing:
Summary of Dreams:
- I would like to pass on what I call “heritage skills” to younger women. Things like food preservation, sewing, mending, darning, fermenting (sauerkraut, sourdough bread, kombucha), foraging/plant identification, doing things the old way (eg cloth diapering, frugality).
- Encouraging mothers of old children. Not sure exactly how but praying for them, listening, offering some wisdom hopefully.
- Help moms prepare for the future NOW.
- To see a mentoring program in place at RiverStone that allows every person in the church to have a mentor.
- Assist, share, learn, teach, mentor, different generations, how to evangelize, lead, etc.
- Being THIS for young women age 18-30
- A spiritual mentor
- A friend, a resource for advice
- One who leads them to the Lord
- A helper to break generational curses and barriers to personal freedom
- One on one mentorship-Older men with younger men. Meet for an extended time – a year? Each would mentor the other – Older to young – establishing a moral foundation, walking with a vision. Younger to old, finishing strong and with active purpose. The young men would not necessarily be from RiverStone.
- A ministry that allows older women (however that is determined) to speak into younger women for marriage and child rearing and growing in personal walk with Jesus.
- An army of “daughters” to minister to women or men in nursing homes with the purpose of being there for residents whose own family is absent or unable to visit individuals. Doing what a daughter would do to help their own mother.
- I see older women and younger together teaching life. Marriage, children, health, exercise – healthy living all around. Ex. Cooking schools, identity seminars, prophetic seminars, prophetic prayer circles, mentoring. Coming alongside with encouragement. Laying foundations on the Word.
- To impart the anointing, wisdom, truth to the next generation. Double Portion.
- I have more than one dream: freedom: to be debt free, generational investment: heart for all youth. Government: get the government off of our backs, restore individual freedom.
- Special Mother’s Day Embrace – a worship celebration Mother’s Special Ed Students.
- A bible study for children in 2nd grade or younger.
- My dream is to have a network of women pouring wisdom and encouragement into me and the generation below them. In turn, my dream is to also pour into the generation beneath me. I’d like to pour into high school and college women!
- Renewed support of OneCamp- both financially as well as a strong/bigger pipeline of camp counselors and small group leaders.
- I hope God can bless the next generation with abundance and live lives so much greater than our own. I pray that we can gather money and invest in kids.
- Fostering/ encouraging creationist teachings in our cell group, the church, and the community.
- My dream is to be a safe landing place for college kids and young (& single) moms – to mentor, provide hospitality and show unconditional love as students & young families step into new seasons of life.
- To have a mentorship for younger men and be able to show them how to be masculine men.
- My dream is to be equipped, mentored and released into the preaching/teaching/mentoring ministry for which God has created me. I desire to be coached and mentored in both the practical skills and the spiritual strategies to receive and release the timely word of the Lord through a dynamic relationship with Holy Spirit, a deep love of the Word and boldness inspired by a passionate relationship with the Father. I desire an opportunity to be invested in by those who are ahead of me, be encouraged by those learning alongside me, and to invest in those coming behind.