Stone Summary: The gospel for every man, woman, and child.
Group Leaders: David & Rachel Higgins have 3 brilliant teenagers and a golden retriever. As a family, they enjoy laughing a lot and trusting God. They’ve served in ministry for 21 years, where they’ve led small groups, marriage, prayer and children’s ministries, church planting and currently operate their own 501(c)3 ministry, Kairos Christian Fellowship.
The Dream We Are Pursuing:
Summary of Dreams:
- I want to see even more short term teams and long term missionaries sent from RiverStone. For money to not be the reason that someone doesn’t go. I want everyone on earth, every nation to hear the gospel and live in freedom and wholeness.
- I want to reach unreached people groups with the gospel to the glory of Christ
- For RiverStone to have more connections to the Middle East. Medical, financial and business opportunities would sprout there.
- I would like to help missionaries to give them some R.R. (go and help them with what needs they have)
- General: upgrade our missions program; more young men going
specific: medical missions
experience: personally have been on 10 medical trips- 7 Africa, 2 Peru, 1 Guatemala, (led 3)
- Caring for missionaries on the field
- Living in Guatemala, helping and/or starting a ministry, mission trips
- My heart and love is in missions. I would like to help send people long and short term.
- My dream is ministry through music in Japan. It’s not an easy or short dream, but that’s it. It’s what I’ve got. It doesn’t fit in one of your categories but that’s where I’m going.
- Missionary care program
- More exposure for missionaries to the church to share what they do in small and large groups in the church. Create a oneness as we partner with them as iron sharpening iron. We can lift them up spiritually throughout our community.
- Focus on 1040 window (untouched people groups) more support to our missionaries. Not just financial but emotional and other way. Reach the refugee groups here in the US (colleges, etc.) Muslims.
- My dream is to see the nations of the world in awe of Him; to see hearts and lives resurrected and brought to life. I want to see hearts set ablaze by His love.
- I want to empower the church to see neighbors and grocery store cashiers and waitresses as mission fields.
- I have a dream of serving leaders and church planters. I have a dream of inspiring, training, equipping and sending/ going to minister, outreach and service in our community and around the world. Preparing and equipping people for ministry, giving testimonies, outreach/ evangelism, speaking and travel ministry teams to be a part of global harvest.
- My dream for Global Harvest is to let every person on earth to come and know the love of Jesus Christ. Because all of His creation deserve to know who made them.
- I want to impact the Hispanic community (outreach, cell group) I want to see more missions trips. I want to start an Alpha course which is used all around the world to get people interested in a relationship with God especially Atheists.
- It all begins with the Gospel and it will end there. I have a passion for people to hear and believe. Especially want to see Jesus come to their Messiah Yeshua.
- Being able to travel all over the world. Starting a ministry or joining one that does conferences all over the world. Going to the middle east or china for x amount of time.
- I’m not on the field yet (May 2017) but many missionaries often say the thing most lacking is missionary care. They feel distant, disconnected and don’t often know how to express when they are hurting. A team from the church to check on missionaries every other month where they can share and be honest on how they are doing and ways the church can bless them.
- To train and equip and encourage to reach out the immigrant/ refugees herein Cobb County, the world. Mission trips to Greece, Jordan and Clarkston.
- It’s all about Jesus. My dream is to restore hope in people that never had or have lost hope. We’ve been doing that in Ghana but God may be expanding that work-particularly among refugees.
- Go to Israel
- Spread the Church
- A women’s center where women can come together to empower each other, learn English or another language, learn job skills (excel, office), learn financial/ parenting/ health skills and of course strengthen their foundation in Christ. This is about empowering women in communities/ countries without the resources we have. It’s about giving hope through Christ nationally and globally. Also there’s ZUMBA.
- My heart has been for demonstrating the presence and power of God, gathering all religions and introducing people to God as He is. After years of work and ministry, I know a lot of preparation has to be done. It’s time to step out and start. Freedom from religion and truly meeting God through of His presence and power.
- Be available to be used for His will and purpose.
- It is very hard to pick just one- but it is our dream that all people and especially God’s people to understand exactly what all happened at the cross. What the WORD says about all the blessings especially living a healed and healthy life—“choose life”.
- God has given me graphical models that represent the following (they are like stacking cups)
1.) The most important thing- The Great commandment
2.) How Jesus responded to the most important thing
3.) How Christ-followers are called to follow Jesus is responding to the most important thing.
4.) How the world is invited to follow how Jesus responded to the most important thing. (the warning and the woo).
These models draw Christ focused followers to unity regardless of race, denomination, age, demographics…the most important focus.
- Prayer, worship, healing, teaching and outreach events that lead to unity and revival.
- I have a dream to see a youth conference in the worship center (filled with youth). I long to see the students passionately falling in love with Jesus
- To go on mission trips to spread the word of God.
- I am traveling and sending teams to Uganda to fulfill vision, provide personal ministry and bring Hope to pastors and leaders for the next generation. We have been going twice per year for past two years and have multiple trips this year. I want to see young people walking with God expanding this kingdom, making His name known.
- We are ministering to leaders in these areas.
- I have a ministry called Messengers of Hope that encompasses all: business, community, family, freedom, health & healing, global harvest
- To fund the building of the orphanage and school for the street children in the Philippines.
- To go and preach the gospel for the salvation of others. Israel. The Jewish people. The Middle East. The Muslims. Everywhere else. For God’s glory.
- International women’s ministry. Invite women we know from other cultures to share their hospitality by bringing one of the national dishes for us to sample. Three or four can share their story. We will continue another evening by cooking for them and our men serving them. Many are lonely and have few American friends. This is just the start.
- God is calling me to grow & stretch in the area of preaching/sharing the Gospel.
- To be part of a training and sending center located in the Middle East for evangelizing the Middle East.
- My dream is to travel to and minister to completely un-contacted people groups around the world.
- RiverStone debt to be paid off and RiverStone missionaries to be free of the burden of support raising.
- I have had a dream to work in an orphanage since becoming a believer over 30 years ago… To show each child how precious they are to God.